Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Chlortetracycline
laboratory: Merck Family Medication
15 g tube
Skin infections due to Staphylococcus and Streptococcus:
· Impetigo and impetigo dermatitis:
o in local treatment only in localized forms with small number of lesions
o as additional local treatment in combination with general antibiotic therapy adapted in the most extensive forms;
· Disinfection of mucocutaneous microbial deposits, in healthy carriers of staphylococci, and after staphylococcal disease, including furunculosis.
Official recommendations for the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account
Posology AUREOMYCIN MONOT 3% Ointment Tube 15 g
· 2 or 3 applications a day.
· The duration of treatment will not exceed 8 days because of the risk of selection of resistant germs.
· Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients, in particular wool fat or lanolin.
· Breast infections, during breastfeeding, due to the risk of ingestion of the product by the newborn. (see section on Pregnancy and lactation )
Adverse effects Aureomycin Monot
· Possibility of allergic eczema of contact.
Eczema lesions can spread remotely from treated areas.
· Risk of photosensitization.