Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Chlortetracycline
15 g tube
Skin infections due to Staphylococcus and Streptococcus:
- impetigo and impetigo dermatitis:
. in local treatment only in localized forms with small number of lesions,
. in local adjunctive treatment in combination with a general antibiotic therapy adapted in the most extensive forms,
. disinfection of cutaneomucous microbial deposits, in healthy carriers of staphylococci, and after staphylococcal disease, including furunculosis.
Official recommendations concerning the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage AUREOMYCINE COOPER 3% Ointment Tube 15 g
2 or 3 applications a day.
The duration of treatment will not exceed 8 days because of the risk of selection of resistant germs.
- Hypersensitivity to one of the constituents: chlortetracycline.
- Breast infections, during breastfeeding, because of the risk of ingestion of the product by the newborn (see pregnancy and breastfeeding).
Aureomycin Cooper side effects
- Possibility of allergic eczema of contact. Eczema lesions can spread remotely from treated areas.
- Risk of photosensitization.