Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Otorhinolaryngology
active ingredients: Ipratropium bromide
laboratory: Boehringer Ingelheim
15 ml spray bottle
- Symptomatic treatment of seromucous rhinorrhea of uninfected, non-allergic vasomotor rhinitis.
- Adjunctive treatment of seromucous rhinorrhea of uninfected allergic rhinitis.
Dosage ATROVENT NASAL 0.03% Nasal solution 15 ml spray bottle
Reserved for adults:
2 sprays (42 μg) in each nostril, 2 to 3 times daily.
- blow your nose before each administration,
- the nosepiece should be cleaned before and after each use.
- Known hypersensitivity to ipratropium bromide, atropine or its derivatives,
- infectious rhinitis (risk of sinusitis favored by the drying of the pituitary).
- In the absence of data in children, Atrovent Nasal 0.03% nasal solution in spray bottle should not be used in children under 15 years of age.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- The appearance of signs of glaucoma by closing of the angle (pain or ocular discomfort, blurred vision, perception of colored images, conjunctival redness, congestion of the cornea) requires the interruption of the treatment and an immediate specialized medical opinion.
- Breast-feeding: In the absence of data on the passage in the milk of ipratropium, and considering its atropinic properties, its use is not recommended during breastfeeding unless absolutely necessary.
Adverse effects Atrovent Nasal
- Possibility of dryness of the mouth and / or nasal, pharyngeal and / or nasopharyngeal irritation may be complicated by nasal crusts and epistaxis.
- Rare cases of headache, nausea and diarrhea have been reported during treatment with ipratropium bromide.
- Despite low systemic absorption of ipratropium bromide, inhalation solution, anticholinergic adverse effects: tachycardia, palpitations, visual accommodation disturbances, urinary retention, vertigo and gastrointestinal motility disorders (such as constipation and vomiting) ) can occur.
- Cases of supraventricular tachycardia and atrial fibrillation have been reported with the specialties administered by inhalation (oral route).
- Risk of ocular disorders (mydriasis, eye pain, increase in intraocular pressure and angle closure glaucoma) in case of projection into the eyes following inappropriate use of ipratropium bromide.
- Risk of immediate hypersensitivity reactions such as urticaria, pruritus, skin rashes, angioedema, edema of the face, tongue, lips and larynx.