Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Anesthesia, resuscitation, analgesics
active ingredients: Atropine sulfate
Box of 100 Bottle ampoules of 1 mL
- Pre-anesthesia: protection of vagal manifestations (bradycardia at induction).
- Atrioventricular or atrioventricular block.
- In myocardial infarction: prevention and treatment of atrioventricular blocks and sinus bradycardias.
- Symptomatic treatment of acute pain related to functional disorders of the digestive tract and bile ducts.
- Symptomatic treatment of acute spasmodic and painful urinary tract manifestations
- Specific antidote in acute poisoning by anticholinesterase (organophosphorus insecticides and carbamates) or by parasympathicomimetic or cholinomimetic drugs.
Dosage ATROPINE SULFATE RENAUDIN 1 mg / mL Solution for injection Box of 100 Ampoules 1 mL bottles
Parenteral administration (subcutaneous or intravenous slow depending on indication).
The specialty must be administered under medical supervision.
. in adults : 0.25 to 1 mg every 6 hours subcutaneously.
maximum dosage 2 mg per 24 hours.
. in children :
between 2 and 6 years : 0.25 mg as a single dose subcutaneously.
above 6 years : 0.50 mg as a single dose subcutaneously.
- Pre-anesthetic medication:
- in adults : 1 mg subcutaneously.
- in children :
from 1 month to 30 months : 0.1 mg to 0.3 mg subcutaneously.
from 30 months to 15 years : 0.1 mg to 0.5 mg subcutaneously.
- In cardiology:
in adults :
0.5 to 1 mg in slow IV.
- Absolute or relative according to the indications:
. risk of glaucoma by closing the angle,
. paralytic ileus,
. urethroprostatic disorders with risk of urinary retention.
- Breast-feeding: Due to the passage of atropine in milk, there are atropine effects in children at therapeutic doses. Use during breastfeeding is therefore discouraged.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Pregnancy: Prospective studies have not revealed human embryotoxicity or fetotoxicity in humans. In late pregnancy, the administration should be cautious because of the risk of atropinic effects in the child (ileus meconium).
Side effects Atropine Sulfate Renaudin
- dry mouth,
- disturbances of accommodation,
- decrease of lacrimal secretion,
- urine retention,
- thickening of bronchial secretions,
- tachycardia, palpitations,
- irritability, mental confusion in the elderly.
Dosage adjustment may reduce or eliminate these effects.