Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Ophthalmology
active ingredients: Atropine sulfate
Bottle of 10 ml
- Treatment of uveal inflammations:
. anterior uveitis (iritis, iridocyclitis) and posterior
. uveal reactions secondary to aggression or surgical treatment.
- Cycloplegia for refraction (essential in strabismus children) especially in the presence of accommodative strabismus.
- In some cases, use to achieve an optical penalty in the treatment of amblyopia, especially unilateral.
Dosage ATROPINE SULFATE MARTINET 0.3% Eye drops 10 ml bottle
1 to 2 drops 2 to 4 times a day.
The maximum dose of the codex for the child from 30 months to 15 years corresponds to the instillation of 3 times 2 drops of atropine at 0.3% per 24 hours.
- Hypersensitivity to atropine.
- Risk of acute glaucoma (by closing the angle).
Side effects Atropine Sulfate Martinet
Generally due to overdose: dry mouth, fever, irritability, tachycardia, redness, constipation, possibility of confusional syndrome in the elderly, prolonged mydriasis.