Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
active ingredients: Pholcodine
laboratory: Schwarz Pharma
Bottle (+ scoop) of 200 ml
Symptomatic treatment of uncompromising coughs.
Dosage ATOUXX TOUX DRY Adult 0.12% Syrup Bottle (+ scoop) of 200 ml
Reserved for adults.
This specialty does not allow to deliver dosages adapted to the child.
- In adults:
The usual dosage is: 5 to 10 ml (ie 2 to 4 graduations of the cup containing 6 to 12 mg of pholcodine) per dose, to be renewed if necessary, spacing the catches by at least 4 hours.
- In the absence of other medications taking pholcodine or any other central antitussive, the daily dose of pholcodine not to be exceeded in adults is 90 mg.
- In the elderly or in case of hepatic insufficiency:
The initial dosage will be halved compared to the recommended dosage in adults and may be increased depending on the tolerance and needs.
- Symptomatic treatment should be short (a few days) and limited to the times when coughing occurs.
- Oral way.
- respiratory failure,
- cough of asthmatic, allergy to one of the constituents,
- child under 15,
- breastfeeding: pholcodine passes into breast milk; with codeine, a few cases of hypotonia and respiratory pauses have been reported in infants after mothers have taken codeine doses at supratherapeutic doses. If breastfeeding, and by extrapolation with codeine, taking this drug is contraindicated.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This medicine contains 77.9 mg of alcohol per 5 ml graduation. It is not recommended for patients with liver disease, alcoholism, epilepsy, as well as pregnant women and children under 12 years of age.
- Taking alcoholic beverages and drugs containing alcohol (see interactions) during treatment is not recommended.
Adverse effects Atouxx Adult Dry Cough
- Possibility of constipation, drowsiness (see precautions for use).
- Rarely: dizziness, nausea, vomiting, bronchospasm, allergic skin reactions.