Generic Drug Therapeutic Class: Neurology-Psychiatry
Active ingredients: Mianserin
laboratory: Schering SA
Divisible coated tablet
Box of 14
Major depressive episodes (that is to say characterized).
Dosage ATHYMIL 60 mg scored film tablet Box of 14
- The dosage is to be adapted to each case and can vary between 30 mg (1/2 tablet) and 90 mg per day (1 tablet 1/2).
- Adults: Treatment will start with half a tablet a day.
In some patients, depending on their individual sensitivity, the dosage will be introduced gradually (in one week).
- Elderly: In the elderly, it is recommended to reduce the dosage; half the average dosage may be sufficient.
- Children and adolescents under 18 years: The safety and efficacy of mianserin have not been established in children. Mianserin is not recommended in children and adolescents under 18 years (see section warnings and precautions for use).
Administration mode :
Tablets to swallow without crunching.
The daily dose may be divided during the day, or preferably administered at bedtime (in this case, a dose should not exceed 60 mg).
Duration of the treatment :
Antidepressant treatment is symptomatic.
The treatment of an episode is several months (usually about 6 months) to prevent the risk of relapse of the depressive episode.
This medicine MUST NEVER be used in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to mianserin or any of the constituents of the product,
- hypersensitivity or intolerance to gluten, due to the presence of wheat starch (gluten).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This medicine SHOULD NOT be used in the following cases:
association with alcohol (see section interactions).
- Use in children and adolescents under 18 years: the use of ATHYMIL is not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years.
- Pregnancy: Maintaining a good maternal psychic balance is desirable throughout pregnancy. If medication management is necessary to ensure this balance, it should be instituted or continued in an effective dose throughout pregnancy and if possible in monotherapy. The animal data are reassuring but the clinical data are still insufficient. Given these data, it is best to avoid using mianserin during pregnancy, regardless of the term. If it is necessary to establish or maintain mianserine treatment during pregnancy, consider the pharmacological profile of the drug for monitoring the newborn.
- Breast-feeding: Due to a low passage of mianserin into breast milk, breastfeeding is not recommended during the course of treatment.
Athymil side effects
- Linked to the effects of the molecule. Have been reported:
. some phenomena of drowsiness, dryness of the mouth, constipation;
. rare cases of convulsions, weight gain, arthralgia, myalgia, edema, liver dysfunction and jaundice.
Exceptional cases of agranulocytosis have been reported, particularly in people over 65 years of age. A blood count check is therefore recommended, especially when the patient has fever, angina or other signs of infection.
Very rare cases of bradycardia and / or hypotension have been observed after the first dose of the drug.
- Related to the nature of depressive illness:
. removal of psychomotor inhibition, with suicidal risk;
. reversal of mood with onset of manic episodes;
. reactivation of delirium in psychotic subjects;
. paroxysmal manifestations of anxiety (for psychostimulant antidepressants).
- Cases of suicidal ideation and behavior have been reported during treatment with ATHYMIL or shortly after discontinuation (see section on warnings and precautions for use).