Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Ascorbic acid (E300), Acetylsalicylic acid coated: amount corresponds to: Acetylsalicylic acid, Mannitol (E421), Povidone (E1201), Malic acid (E296), Sodium docusate
laboratory: Bayer Healthcare
Sparkling effervescent tablet
Case of 20
This medicine is indicated in adults (from 15 years) in case of pain and / or fever such as headaches, flu, dental pain, body aches.
Dosage ASPRO Vitamin C 500 mg / 300 mg Tablet Effervescent Breakable Case of 20
Administration mode :
Drink immediately after complete dissolution of the effervescent tablet in a large glass of water.
Reserved for adults (from 15 years old) due to the presence of vitamin C.
The maximum recommended daily dosage is 3 g of acetylsalicylic acid, 6 tablets per day.
The usual dosage is 1 500 mg tablet, to be renewed if necessary after a minimum of 4 hours. In case of pain or fever more intense, 2 tablets 500 mg, to renew if necessary after 4 hours minimum, without exceeding 6 tablets per day .
- For elderly subjects :
The maximum recommended daily dosage is 2 g of acetylsalicylic acid, 4 tablets per day.
The usual dosage is 1 500 mg tablet, to be renewed if necessary after a minimum of 4 hours. In case of pain or fever more intense, 2 tablets to 500 mg, to renew when necessary after 4 hours minimum, without exceeding 4 tablets per day .
Frequency of administration:
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations.
In adults: catches should be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
Duration of treatment: The patient should be informed not to use acetylsalicylic acid more than three days in case of fever and five days in case of pain without the advice of a doctor or dentist.
This medicine is CONTRAINDICATED in the following situations:
- hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid or to any of the excipients,
- history of asthma caused by the administration of salicylates or substances of similar activity, particularly nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs,
- evolving gastroduodenal ulcer,
- any constitutional or acquired haemorrhagic disease,
- haemorrhagic risk,
- severe hepatic insufficiency,
- severe renal insufficiency,
- severe uncontrolled heart failure,
- oxalocalcic renal lithiases for doses greater than 1 g of ascorbic acid per 24 hours,
- last trimester of pregnancy (500 mg per day and per dose): acetylsalicylic acid at doses greater than or equal to 500 mg per dose per day, like all prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors, may expose the fetus to toxicity cardiopulmonary (with premature closure of the ductus arteriosus and pulmonary hypertension); renal dysfunction up to renal failure with oligohydramnios; the mother and the child, at the end of pregnancy, to a longer bleeding time. This anti-aggregating effect can occur even at very low doses. As a result, apart from extremely limited cardiological or obstetric uses, which warrant medical advice and specialized monitoring, any drug containing acetylsalicylic acid is contraindicated during the last trimester of pregnancy.
- combination with methotrexate at doses greater than or equal to 15 mg / week,
- combination with oral anticoagulants when salicylates are used in high doses, especially in the treatment of rheumatic diseases.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Breast-feeding: As acetylsalicylic acid passes into breast milk, this drug is not recommended during breastfeeding.
- Associations advised against : oral anticoagulants for acetylsalicylic acid at low doses; other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for acetylsalicylic acid in high doses (greater than 3 g / day); heparins (parenteral route); uricosuric (benzbromarone, probenecid).
Adverse effects Aspro Vitamin C
Related to acetylsalicylic acid :
- Gastrointestinal effects:
. abdominal pain,
. obvious digestive bleeding, (hematemesis, melena ...) or occult, responsible for an iron deficiency anemia. These haemorrhages are all the more frequent as the dosage is higher,
. gastric ulcers and perforations.
- Effects on the central nervous system:
. headache, dizziness,
. feeling of loss of hearing,
. ear buzzing,
which are usually the mark of an overdose.
- Hematological effects:
hemorrhagic syndromes (epistaxis, gingivorragies, purpura, ...) with increased bleeding time. This action persists for 4 to 8 days after stopping acetylsalicylic acid. It can create a hemorrhagic risk, in case of surgical intervention.
- Hypersensitivity reaction:
urticaria, skin reactions, anaphylactic reactions, asthma, Quincke's edema.
Linked to ascorbic acid :
At doses higher than 1 g / day in vitamin C, possibility of:
- digestive disorders (gastric burns, diarrhea),
urinary disorders (oxalic, cystic and / or uric lithiases).