Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Acetylsalicylic acid
laboratory: Bayer Healthcare
Case of 20
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage ASPRO 500 mg Tablet Case of 20
Administration mode :
- The tablets should be swallowed as is with a drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice), preferably during meals.
- The use of tablets is contraindicated in children under 6 years of age because it can lead to a false route. Use another form.
Pains of mild to moderate intensity and / or febrile states:
Reserved for adults and children from 30 kg (about 9 to 15 years) .
- For adults and children weighing more than 50 kg (from about 15 years old):
The maximum recommended daily dosage is 3 g of aspirin, 6 tablets per day.
The usual dosage is 1 500 mg tablet, to be renewed if necessary after a minimum of 4 hours. In case of pain or fever more intense, 2 tablets 500 mg, to renew if necessary after 4 hours minimum, without exceeding 6 tablets per day .
- For elderly subjects :
The maximum recommended daily dosage is 2 g of aspirin, 4 tablets per day.
The usual dosage is 1 500 mg tablet, to be renewed if necessary after a minimum of 4 hours. In case of pain or fever more intense, 2 tablets to 500 mg, to renew when necessary after 4 hours minimum, without exceeding 4 tablets per day .
- In children from 30 to 50 kg (about 9 to 15 years):
In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of acetylsalicylic acid is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
. For children weighing 30 to 40 kg (approximately 9 to 13 years), the dosage is 1 tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 tablets per day .
. For children weighing 41 to 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years), the dosage is 1 tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 tablets per day .
Frequency of administration:
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
- In adults: the catches must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
- In children (from 30 to 50 kg, ie from 9 to 15 years): catches should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours, and at least 4 hours: comply at the dosage specified above.
Duration of the treatment :
The patient should be informed not to use acetylsalicylic acid more than 3 days in case of fever and 5 days in case of pain without the advice of a doctor or dentist.
This medicine is CONTRAINDICATED in the following situations:
- hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid or to any of the excipients,
- a history of asthma caused by the administration of salicylates or substances of similar activity, particularly nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs,
- child under 6 years old: risk of a false trip; use another presentation,
- pregnancy beyond 24 weeks of amenorrhea (5 months) for doses greater than 100 mg per day: beyond 24 weeks of amenorrhea (5 months), all prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors may expose the fetus to: cardiopulmonary toxicity (premature closure of the ductus arteriosus and pulmonary arterial hypertension); renal dysfunction may progress to renal failure associated with oligohydramnios. In late pregnancy, the mother and the newborn may have: an increase in bleeding time due to anti-aggregating action that may occur even after very low doses of the drug; inhibition of uterine contractions resulting in delayed term or prolonged delivery. As a result, acetylsalicylic acid is contraindicated beyond 24 weeks of amenorrhea (5 months),
- evolving gastroduodenal ulcer,
- any constitutional or acquired haemorrhagic disease,
- haemorrhagic risk,
- severe hepatic insufficiency,
- severe renal insufficiency,
- severe uncontrolled heart failure,
- in combination with methotrexate used at doses above 20 mg / week (see section interactions) and for anti-inflammatory doses (> = 1 g per dose and / or> = 3 g daily), or for doses analgesic or antipyretic (> = 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day) of acetylsalicylic acid,
- in combination with oral anticoagulants for anti-inflammatory doses (> = 1 g per dose and / or> = 3 g per day), or for analgesic or antipyretic doses (> = 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day) of acetylsalicylic acid and in a patient with a history of peptic ulcer (see section on interactions).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- The use of this drug is not recommended if breastfeeding: acetylsalicylic acid passes into breast milk, this drug is not recommended during breastfeeding.
- Concomitant use of this drug is not recommended with:
. oral anticoagulants, for analgesic or antipyretic doses (> = 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day) of acetylsalicylic acid and in a patient with no history of peptic ulcer,
. oral anticoagulants, for anti-aggregating doses of acetylsalicylic acid and in a patient with a history of peptic ulcer,
. nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for anti-inflammatory doses (> = 1 g per dose and / or> = 3 g daily), analgesic or antipyretic (> = 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day) d 'acetylsalicylic acid,
. clopidogrel (apart from validated indications for this association with the acute phase of coronary syndrome),
. glucocorticoids (except hydrocortisone as replacement therapy) for anti-inflammatory doses (> = 1 g per dose and / or> = 3 g per day) of acetylsalicylic acid,
. heparins of low molecular weight (and related) and unfractionated heparins: curative doses and / or elderly and for anti-inflammatory doses (> = 1 g per dose and / or> = 3 g per day) or analgesic or antipyretic (> = 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day) of acetylsalicylic acid,
. pemetrexed in patients with low to moderate renal function (creatinine clearance between 45 ml / min and 80 ml / min),
. uricosurics (see section interactions).
Aspro side effects
- Gastrointestinal effects:
. abdominal pain,
. obvious digestive bleeding, (hematemesis, melena ...) or occult, responsible for an iron deficiency anemia. These haemorrhages are all the more frequent as the dosage is higher,
. gastric ulcers and perforations,
- Effects on the central nervous system:
. headache, dizziness,
. feeling of loss of hearing,
. ear tinnitus which is usually the mark of an overdose.
- Hematological effects:
hemorrhagic syndromes (epistaxis, gingivorragies, purpura, ...) with increased bleeding time. This action persists for 4 to 8 days after stopping acetylsalicylic acid. It can create a hemorrhagic risk, in case of surgical intervention.
- Hypersensitivity reaction:
urticaria, skin reactions, anaphylactic reactions, asthma, Quincke's edema.
- Reye's syndrome (see section on warnings and precautions for use: in the event of persistent vomiting, disturbance of consciousness or abnormal behavior, treatment with acetylsalicylic acid should be discontinued).