Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Acetylsalicylic acid, Ascorbic acid (E300)
laboratory: Bristol Myers Squibb
Box of 2 tubes of 10
This medicine contains aspirin and vitamin C.
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions in adults and children from 20 kg (approximately from 6 years).
Dosage ASPIRINE UPSA VIT C TAMPONNEE 330 mg / 200 mg effervescent tablet Box of 2 tubes of 10
Drink immediately after complete dissolution of the effervescent tablet in a large glass of water.
Pains of mild to moderate intensity and / or febrile states:
This presentation is reserved for adults and children from 20 kg (approximately from 6 years).
In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of acetylsalicylic acid is approximately 60 mg / kg, divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
o For children weighing 20 to 26 kg (approximately 6 to 10 years), the dosage is 1 effervescent tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 effervescent tablets per day.
o For children weighing 27 to 36 kg (approximately 8 to 12 years), the dosage is 1 effervescent tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 effervescent tablets per day.
o For children weighing 37 to 50 kg (approximately 11 to 15 years), the dosage is 2 effervescent tablets per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 8 effervescent tablets per day.
· For adults and children weighing more than 50 kg (from about 15 years old):
the maximum recommended daily dosage is 3 g of aspirin, or 9 effervescent tablets per day.
The usual dosage is 2 effervescent tablets 330 mg, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours minimum, without exceeding 9 effervescent tablets per day.
· For elderly subjects:
The maximum recommended daily dosage is 2 g of aspirin, or 6 effervescent tablets per day.
The usual dosage is 1 effervescent tablet 330 mg, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours minimum. In case of pain or fever more intense, 2 tablets effervescent to 330 mg, to renew when necessary after 4 hours minimum, without exceeding 6 effervescent tablets per day.
Frequency of administration
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
In children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours, and at least 4 hours: comply with the dosage specified above.
In adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
Duration of the treatment
The patient should be informed not to use acetylsalicylic acid more than 3 days in case of fever and 5 days in case of pain without the advice of a doctor or dentist.
This medicine is CONTRA-INDICATED in the following situations:
Hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid or to any of the excipients,
· History of asthma caused by salicylates or substances of similar activity, including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs,
· Pregnancy beyond 24 weeks of amenorrhea (5 months) for doses greater than 100 mg daily,
· Evolving gastroduodenal ulcer,
· Any constitutional or acquired haemorrhagic disease,
· Haemorrhagic risk,
· Severe liver failure,
· Severe renal insufficiency,
· Severe uncontrolled heart failure,
· In combination with methotrexate at doses greater than 20 mg / week (see section 4.5 ), and for anti-inflammatory doses (≥ 1 g per dose and / or ≥ 3) g per day), or for analgesic or antipyretic doses (≥ 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day) of acetylsalicylic acid.
In combination with oral anticoagulants for anti-inflammatory doses (≥ 1 g per dose and / or ≥ 3 g daily), or for analgesic or antipyretic doses (≥ 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day) ) of acetylsalicylic acid and in a patient with a history of peptic ulcer disease (see section 4.5 ).
Side effects Aspirin Upsa Vit C Tamponnee
Linked to acetylsalicylic acid
· abdominal pain,
· Obvious digestive haemorrhages, (hematemesis, melena) or occult, responsible for iron deficiency anemia. These haemorrhages are all the more frequent as the dosage is higher,
· Gastric ulcers and perforations.
Effects on the central nervous system:
· Headache, dizziness,
· Feeling of decreased hearing,
which are usually the mark of an overdose.
· Haemorrhagic syndromes (epistaxis, gingivorragia, purpura, ...) with increased bleeding time. This action persists for 4 to 8 days after stopping acetylsalicylic acid. It can create a hemorrhagic risk, in case of surgical intervention.
· Urticaria, skin reactions, anaphylactic reactions, asthma, Quincke's edema.
Reye's syndrome (see Warnings and Precautions section ).
Linked to ascorbic acid
At a dose greater than 1 g / day in vitamin C, possibility of:
· Digestive disorders (gastric burns, diarrhea),
Urinary disorders (oxalic, cystic and / or uric lithiases).