Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Haemostasis and blood
active ingredients: Acetylsalicylic acid
laboratory: Bristol Myers Squibb
Box of 100
Those of aspirin and in particular:
Secondary prevention after a first myocardial or cerebral ischemic stroke related to atherosclerosis:
- Reduction of cardiovascular mortality and morbidity:
. after myocardial infarction;
. in the setting of unstable angina;
. before transluminal coronary angioplasty;
. after transient ischemic attack or formed.
- Reduction of graft occlusion after coronary artery bypass grafting.
Dosage ASPIRINE UPSA 325 mg Capsule Box of 100
Reserved for adults.
The recommended dosage is 1 capsule daily or 1 capsule every other day, swallowed with a glass of water.
After myocardial infarction, as well as in unstable angina, treatment will be undertaken as early as possible after the initial accident or recurrence.
This medication will only be given on a medical prescription.
- history of hypersensitivity to salicylates (bronchospasm, anaphylactic reaction),
- any constitutional or acquired haemorrhagic disease,
- evolving gastroduodenal ulcer.
- This drug when given in doses analgesic, antipyretic or anti-inflammatory (> = 500 mg / intake and per day) is contraindicated from the sixth month of pregnancy: aspirin, like all the inhibitors of synthesis of prostaglandins, may expose: the fetus to cardiopulmonary toxicity with premature closure of the ductus arteriosus and pulmonary hypertension; renal dysfunction up to renal failure with oligohydramnios; the mother and the child, at the end of pregnancy, to a longer bleeding time. This anti-aggregating effect can occur even at very low doses. As a result, from the 6th month of pregnancy, except for extremely limited cardiological or obstetric uses, which warrant specialized surveillance, any aspirin-based drug is CONTRAINDICATED.
- Aspirin is contraindicated with methotrexate if it is used at doses higher than 15 mg / week.
- When administered at high doses (> = 3 g / d), aspirin is contraindicated with oral anticoagulants.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Not recommended in gout, in metrorrhagia and / or menorrhagia because aspirin may increase the importance and duration of menstruation.
- Aspirin should generally not be used in combination with:
. oral anticoagulants (for doses of aspirin <3 g / day in adults),
. other NSAIDs (for high doses of aspirin, ie> = 3 g / day in adults),
. uricosurics (see interactions).
- The use of this drug is not recommended when breastfeeding: aspirin passes into breast milk, breastfeeding is not recommended.
Aspirin Upsa side effects
- tinnitus, feeling of decreased hearing, headache that is usually the mark of overdose.
- Gastric ulcers.
- Digestive bleeding (hematemesis, melena ...) or occult hemorrhages, responsible for iron deficiency anemia.
- Hemorrhagic syndromes (epistaxis, gingivorragies, purpura ...) with increased bleeding time. This action persists 4 to 8 days after stopping aspirin. It can create a haemorrhagic risk in case of surgery.
- Sensitization accidents (edema, urticaria, asthma, anaphylactic accidents).
- Abdominal pain.
- Aspirin can prolong work and delay childbirth.