Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Haemostasis and blood
active ingredients: Acetylsalicylic acid
laboratory: Bayer Healthcare
Box of 30
Secondary prevention after a first coronary or cerebral ischemic stroke of atheromatous origin:
· Reduced cardiovascular mortality and morbidity:
o after myocardial infarction (outside the acute phase),
o in the context of stable and unstable angina,
o during transluminal coronary angioplasty (outside of an emergency context),
o after transient ischemic attack or formed.
· Reduced graft occlusion after coronary artery bypass grafting.
Dosage ASPIRINE PROTECT 300 mg Gastroresistant tablet Box of 30
Reserved for adults. Oral way.
The recommended dosage is 1 tablet a day to swallow with a glass of water.
This treatment is not suitable for emergency situations.
This medication will only be given on a medical prescription.
This medication should never be prescribed in the following situations:
· Evolving gastric ulcer disease
· History of hypersensitivity to salicylates (bronchospasm, anaphylactic reaction),
· Any constitutional or acquired haemorrhagic disease,
· If combined with methotrexate if it is used at doses higher than 15 mg / week (see section 4.5 Interactions with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction ),
· Apart from extremely limited use, which warrants specialized monitoring, any aspirin-based medicine is CONTRAINDICATED from the 6th month of age (see section on Pregnancy and breast-feeding ).
This drug is generally not recommended in the following situations:
· In the case of combination (see section Interactions with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction ) with the following medicinal products:
+ oral anticoagulants,
+ heparins (parenteral route),
+ uricosurics (benzbromarone, probenecid),
+ other NSAIDs if aspirin is prescribed in high doses;
· In case of gout,
· In metrorrhagia and / or menorrhagia, because aspirin may increase the importance and duration of menstruation,
· During breastfeeding (see section on Pregnancy and breastfeeding ).
Adverse effects Aspirine Protect
· Effects on the central nervous system :
Tinnitus, feeling of lowered hearing, headache, which is usually the mark of overdose.
· Gastrointestinal effects :
Gastric ulcers, overt gastrointestinal bleeding (hematemesis, melena ...) or occult, responsible for iron deficiency anemia.
· Hematological effects :
Hemorrhagic syndromes (epistaxis, gingivorragies, purpura ...) with increased bleeding time. This action persists 4 to 8 days after stopping aspirin. It can create a haemorrhagic risk in case of surgery.
· Hypersensitivity reaction :
Sensitization accidents (urticaria, asthma, angioedema, anaphylactic accident).
· Other :