Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: DL-lysine acetylsalicylate
laboratory: Sanofi-Aventis France
Powder and solution for parenteral use
Box of 20 vials of 500 mg powder
- Short-term treatment of intense pain.
- Treatment of inflammatory rheumatism s.
- Symptomatic treatment of fever when oral administration is not possible.
Dosage ASPEGIC 500 mg / 5 mL Powder and solution for parenteral use Box of 20 vials of 500 mg powder
RESERVED FOR THE ADULT .
Administration mode :
- Dissolve extemporaneously the contents of the vial with 5 ml of water for injections.
Administration may be in deep MI, direct IV or IV infusion with vehicle solute (sodium chloride, glucose or sorbitol).
It is recommended to avoid mixing in the same syringe this drug with other injectable specialties.
- Systematic catches prevent pain oscillations. They must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
900 mg of DL-Lysine acetylsalicylate corresponds to 500 mg of acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin).
The injectable aspirin vials are available in two strengths: 500 mg / 5 ml and 1000 mg / 5 ml.
- Intense pain and fever:
. Adult : The maximum daily dosage is 3000 mg aspirin.
As an indication: 500 or 1000 mg of aspirin by administration, without exceeding 3000 mg per day.
. Elderly : The maximum daily dosage is 2000 mg aspirin.
As an indication: 500 or 1000 mg of aspirin by administration, without exceeding 2000 mg per day.
- Rheumatic diseases:
. Adult : 3000 to 6000 mg of aspirin maximum per day to be divided into 3 or 4 doses spaced at least 4 hours apart.
. Elderly : The dosage should be reduced.
This medicine is CONTRAINDICATED in the following situations:
- hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid or to any of the excipients,
- a history of asthma caused by the administration of salicylates or substances of similar activity, particularly nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs,
- evolving gastroduodenal ulcer,
- any constitutional or acquired haemorrhagic disease,
- haemorrhagic risk,
- severe hepatic insufficiency,
- severe renal insufficiency,
- severe uncontrolled heart failure,
- last trimester of pregnancy for doses greater than 100 mg per day: during the third trimester of pregnancy, all prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors may expose the fetus to cardiopulmonary toxicity (premature closure of the ductus arteriosus and arterial hypertension pulmonary); renal dysfunction may progress to renal failure associated with oligohydramnios. In late pregnancy, the mother and neonate may have an increased bleeding time because of an anti-aggregating action that may occur even after very low doses of the drug; inhibition of uterine contractions resulting in delayed term or prolonged delivery. As a result, acetylsalicylic acid is contraindicated during the third trimester of pregnancy,
- combination with methotrexate at doses above 20 mg / week (see section on interactions),
- combination with oral anticoagulants for anti-inflammatory doses of acetylsalicylic acid (> = 1 g per dose and / or> = 3 g per day), or for analgesic or antipyretic doses (> = 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g daily) in a patient with a history of peptic ulcer disease.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- The use of this drug is not recommended if breastfeeding: acetylsalicylic acid passes into breast milk, this drug is not recommended during breastfeeding.
- Combinations not recommended : oral anticoagulants for analgesic or antipyretic doses (> = 500 mg per dose and / or = 1 g taken and / or> = 3 g daily), or for analgesic or antipyretic doses (> = 500 mg by intake and / or = 1 g per dose and / or> = 3 g per day), or for analgesic or antipyretic doses (> = 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day).
Aspegic side effects
- Gastrointestinal effects:
. abdominal pain,
. obvious digestive bleeding, (hematemesis, melena ...) or occult, responsible for an iron deficiency anemia. These haemorrhages are all the more frequent as the dosage is higher,
. gastric ulcers and perforations.
- Effects on the central nervous system:
. headache, dizziness,
. feeling of loss of hearing,
. ear buzzing,
which are usually the mark of an overdose.
- Hematological effects:
Hemorrhagic syndromes (epistaxis, gingivorragies, purpura, ...) with increased bleeding time. This action persists for 4 to 8 days after stopping acetylsalicylic acid. It can create a hemorrhagic risk, in case of surgical intervention.
- Hypersensitivity reaction:
Urticaria, skin reactions, anaphylactic reactions, asthma, Quincke's edema.
- Effects related to the route of administration:
Possibility of injection site pain and local reactions.