Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Anesthesia, resuscitation, analgesics
Active ingredients: Articaine, Adrenaline
Injectable solution for dental use
Box of 100 cartridges of 1.8 ml
Local or locoregional anesthesia in odontostomatological practice.
Dosage ARTICADENT 1/100 000 Injection solution for dental use Box of 100 cartridges of 1.8 ml
Reserved for adults and children from 4 years, due to the type of anesthesia not adapted before this age.
- Adult :
The quantity to be injected will be adapted according to the importance of the intervention.
As a rule, one to three cartridges per session.
Do not exceed the dose of 7 mg articaine hydrochloride per kilogram of body weight.
- Child (over 4 years old):
The quantity to be injected depends on the age, the weight of the child and the type of intervention to be performed.
The maximum dose is 5 mg articaine hydrochloride per kilogram of body weight.
The average dose in mg of articaine hydrochloride, which can be administered in children, can be calculated as follows:
child's weight (in kilograms) x 1.33.
Half of the dose reserved for adults.
Administration mode :
LOCAL OR REGIONAL INJECTION INTRABUCCAL UNDER MUCOUS.
Verify that there is no vascular intrusion by repeated aspiration tests, especially during regional (truncular) anesthesia.
The injection rate must not exceed 1 ml of solution per minute.
This drug is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to local anesthetics or any of the components, and in the following situations:
- severe and unconnected atrioventricular conduction disorders;
epilepsy not controlled by treatment;
- acute intermittent porphyria.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This drug is generally not recommended in combination with certain drugs such as guanethidine and related products (antiglaucoma).
- The use of this product is not recommended in children under 4 years, because of the anesthetic technique not adapted before this age.
Articadent side effects
- As with all anesthetics used in odontostomatology, lipothymia can occur.
- Due to the presence of sodium metabisulfite, risk of allergic reactions, including anaphylactic reactions and bronchospasm.
- In case of overdose or in certain predisposed patients, the following clinical signs can be observed:
. on the central nervous system :
nervousness, agitation, yawning, trembling, apprehension, nystagmus, logorrhea, headache, nausea, tinnitus.
These signs of call require to ask the patient to hyperventilate, as well as a careful monitoring to prevent a possible aggravation with convulsions then depression of the CNS.
. on the respiratory system :
tachypnea then bradypnea can lead to apnea.
. on the cardiovascular system :
tachycardia, bradycardia, cardiovascular depression with hypotension leading to collapse, rhythm disturbances (ventricular extrasystoles, ventricular fibrillation), conduction disorder (atrioventricular block).
These cardiac manifestations can lead to cardiac arrest.