Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
Active ingredients: Tertatolol
Breakable coated tablet
Box of 30
Dosage ARTEX 5 mg scored tablet 30 pack
One tablet a day in a morning intake.
Tertatolol, tablet, can be taken before, during, or after breakfast, food intake does not alter the bioavailability.
In case of severe arterial hypertension, a higher dosage may be prescribed.
Tertatolol can be combined with other antihypertensive therapies.
- In patients with hepatic insufficiency (prothrombin level below 70%), the dosage will be reduced to half a tablet per day.
- Renal insufficiency, as long as the creatinine clearance is greater than or equal to 10 ml / min, as well as the age of the patient do not impose particular adaptation doses.
This medicine MUST NEVER be used in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to tertatolol,
- asthma and obstructive chronic bronchopneumopathies,
- heart failure not controlled by treatment,
- cardiogenic shock,
- non-paired second and third degree atrioventricular blocks,
- angina of Prinzmetal,
- sinus disease (including sinoatrial block),
- bradycardia (<45 to 50 contractions per minute),
- Raynaud's phenomenon and peripheral arterial disorders,
- untreated pheochromocytoma,
- history of anaphylactic reaction,
- very severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min) as a precaution in the absence of currently available studies,
- combination with floctafenine, sultopride (see interactions).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This medication is NOT RECOMMENDED for combination with amiodarone.
- Breast-feeding: Beta-blockers are excreted in the milk. The risk of developing hypoglycaemia and bradycardia has not been evaluated; therefore, and as a precaution, breastfeeding is not recommended during the course of treatment.
Artex side effects
ON THE CLINICAL PLAN :
- The most frequently reported:
. cooling of the ends,
. bradycardia, severe if any,
. digestive disorders (gastralgia, nausea, vomiting),
. insomnia, nightmares.
- Much more rarely:
. slowing of atrioventricular conduction or intensification of an existing atrioventricular block,
. heart failure,
. blood pressure drop,
. Raynaud's syndrome,
. worsening of existing intermittent claudication,
. various skin manifestations including psoriasiform eruptions (see warnings and precautions for use).
ON THE BIOLOGICAL PLAN :
In rare cases, it has been possible to observe the appearance of antinuclear antibodies which only exceptionally accompany clinical manifestations such as lupus syndrome and cede at the end of treatment.