Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
active ingredients: Senna, Purple
Plants for herbal tea
Box of 20 sachets-doses of 2 g
Short-term treatment of occasional constipation in adults.
Dosage ARKOLAX Plants for herbal tea Box of 20 Sachets-doses of 2 g
RESERVED FOR THE ADULT.
Take a sachet of herbal tea after the meal, 1 to 3 times a day at most.
Pour boiling water into a cup containing the sachet-dose. Let infuse 5 to 10 minutes.
Do not exceed 8 to 10 days of treatment.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
- inflammatory organic colopathies (ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease ...),
- occlusive or subocclusive syndrome,
- abdominal pain syndromes of undetermined cause,
- states of severe dehydration with electrolytic depletion,
- children under 10 years old.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This medicine is generally not recommended in the following situations:
. in children aged 10 to 15,
. in combination with drugs giving torsades de pointes [anti-arrhythmic (amiodarone, bretylium, disopyramide, quinidine, sotalol); non-antiarrhythmic (astemizole, bepridil, erythromycin IV, halofantrine, pentamidine, sultopride, terfenadine, vincamine)].
- The use of this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding.
Arkolax side effects
- Possibility of diarrhea, abdominal pain especially in subjects with irritable bowel.
- Possibility of hypokalemia.
- Sometimes, abnormal staining of urine without clinical significance.