Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Toxicology
active ingredients: Apomorphine
SC Injection Solution
Box of 10 ampoules of 1 ml
Emetic during acute intoxications when usual digestive evacuation treatments are not usable.
Dosage APOKINON 0.5% Solution for injection SC Box of 10 ampoules of 1 ml
- In adults : 10 mg (2 bulbs).
- In children : 0.07 to 0.1 mg / kg.
This medicine MUST NEVER be used in the following cases:
hypersensitivity to apomorphine,
- unconsciousness, semi-comatose state, shock or severe intoxication,
- intoxication with strychnine, convulsants, opiate narcotics, barbiturates, caustics and corrosives, volatile oils,
- in association with:
. antipsychotic neuroleptics (except clozapine) (see interactions),
. anti-emetic neuroleptics (see interactions).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Pregnancy: There are no reliable data on teratogenesis in animals. In clinical practice, there are currently no data of sufficient relevance to evaluate the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of apomorphine when administered during pregnancy. As a result, the use of this drug is not recommended in pregnant women, even if the age of the population concerned makes the occurrence of pregnancy unlikely.
- Breast-feeding: As this medication passes into breast milk, breast-feeding should be avoided during use.
Apokinon side effects
- nausea, vomiting, orthostatic hypotension,
- drowsiness, fatigue, pallor, salivation, sweating,
- pruritus at injection sites.
- due to the presence of sodium bisulfite, risk of allergic reactions, including anaphylactic reactions and bronchospasm.