Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
Active ingredients: Loperamide
laboratory: Ivax Sas
Box of 20
Symptomatic treatment of acute and chronic diarrhea.
Dosage ANTIDIAR 2 mg Capsule Box of 20
Reserved for adults and children over 8 years old.
- Acute diarrhea:
The initial dosage is 2 capsules in adults and one capsule in children.
After each unmolded stool, an extra capsule will be administered, not exceeding 8 capsules per 24 hours in adults, and 6 capsules in children.
- Chronic diarrhea:
1 to 3 capsules a day in adults.
1 to 2 capsules a day in children.
- Hyper-sensitivity to one of the compounds.
- Acute thrusts of ulcerative colitis (risk of colectasia).
- Child under 8 years old.
Antidiar side effects
- Constipation and / or abdominal distension, associated in very rare cases with an ileus whose risk may be increased if the prescribing conditions have not been respected (see dosage, duration of treatment and contraindications).
- Abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth.
- hypersensitivity reactions (including skin rash),
Asthenia, drowsiness, vertigo.