Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Ampicillin
Powder for parenteral use
Box of 25 bottles of 0.5 g
They arise from the antibacterial activity and pharmacokinetic characteristics of ampicillin. They take into account both the clinical studies that the drug has given and its place in the range of antibacterial products currently available. They are limited to infections due to the germs defined as sensitive, especially in their manifestations:
- ENT and stomatological,
- renal and urogenital,
- digestive and biliary,
- septicemic and endocardial.
Official recommendations concerning the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage AMPICILLINE PANPHARMA 0.5 g Powder for parenteral use Box of 25 vials of 0.5 g
- Adult :
. IM route: 2 g / day,
. lane IV: 2 g to 12 g / day.
- Child and infant:
. IM route: 50 mg / kg / day,
. route IV: 100 mg to 300 mg / kg / day.
- New born :
route IV: 100 to 300 mg / kg / day.
- In case of renal insufficiency:
. Creatinine clearance between 30 and 60 ml / min : 2 to 4 g per day, maximum 4 g / day in 2 injections.
. creatinine clearance between 10 and 30 ml / min : 1 g per day then 500 mg every 12 hours.
. clearance of creatinine less than 10 ml / min : 1 g per day then 500 mg every 24 hours.
In severe infections, this dosage may be insufficient. It is advisable to check the serum levels, and possibly meningeal, of the active ingredient.
- Allergy to penicillins.
- Infections with viruses of the herpes-virus group, especially infectious mononucleosis (increased risk of skin accidents).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Association discouraged : allopurinol.
Adverse effects Ampicilline Panpharma
- Allergic manifestations: especially urticaria, eosinophilia, angioedema, respiratory discomfort, exceptionally anaphylactic shock.
- Maculopapular rashes of allergic origin or not.
- Digestive disorders: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, candidiasis.
Other events have been reported more rarely:
- Moderate and transient increase in serum transaminases.
- Anemia, leukopenia, reversible thrombocytopenia.
- Acute interstitial nephritis.
- Some cases of pseudomembranous enterocolitis after ampicillin administration have been reported.
- The administration of high doses of betalactamines, especially in patients with renal insufficiency, can lead to metabolic encephalopathies (disorders of consciousness, abnormal movements, seizures).