Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
active ingredients: Aminophylline
Injection solution for IV infusion
Treatment of status asthmaticus (severe acute asthma), only in case of insufficient control by the administration of a beta-2 mimetic by continuous nebulized or intravenous route possibly associated with an inhaled anticholinergic.
Note : Continuous nebulized or intravenous beta-2 mimetics, when combined with inhaled anticholinergic, exert a stronger bronchodilator effect and remain the first-line treatment for severe acute asthma.
Severe acute asthma requires hospitalization in the intensive care unit.
Dosage AMINOPHYLLINE RENAUDIN 250 mg / 10 ml Solution for infusion Box of 100 ampoules of 10 ml
INJECTABLE PATH EXCLUSIVELY BY INTRAVENOUS INFUSION.
The dosage will be adapted to the individual susceptibility according to the therapeutic effect and the undesirable effects.
- In children:
the recommended dose is 0.7 to 1.2 mg / kg / hour (to be modulated as a function of age) as a continuous intravenous infusion after, in the absence of prior theophylline treatment, a loading dose of 7 mg / kg in slow infusion of 20 to 30 minutes.
- In adults:
the recommended average dosage is 0.6 mg / kg / hour as a continuous intravenous infusion after, in the absence of prior treatment with theophylline, a loading dose of 5 mg / kg intravenous infusion slow thirty minutes.
For indicative purposes, for a 50 kg adult subject who has not been previously treated with theophylline: a 250 mg intravenous infusion ampoule of 30 minutes, followed by a continuous intravenous infusion at the rate of one ampoule every 8 hours.
- Administration should only be considered in a specialized environment (intensive care unit). In adults and children, theophylline plasma levels should be checked after initiation of venous treatment. Plasma levels effective on bronchodilatation are between 5 and 15 μg / ml. The undesirable effects can appear from a plasma level of 15 μg / ml. It should not exceed 20 μg / ml because of the major risk of serious toxic side effects.
- In case of obesity, the dosage will be adapted to the ideal weight.
- The dosage should be reduced in cases of hepatic or cardiac insufficiency, and in the elderly.
- intolerance to aminophylline or its derivatives,
- myocardial infarction in the acute phase,
- acute intermittent porphyria,
- combination with drugs containing enoxacin, troleandomycin (see interactions).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Breastfeeding: Theophylline passes into breast milk, which may cause hyperexcitability in the newborn. As a result, breastfeeding is not recommended during theophylline therapy.
- combination not recommended with erythromycin, viloxazine-based drugs (see interactions).
Adverse effects Aminophylline Renaudin
They are variable from one subject to another, they are essentially:
- malaise, dizziness, hypotension, especially in case of rapid intravenous injection,
- nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain,
- headache, excitement, insomnia,
These side effects may be the first signs of an overdose.
The appearance of convulsions is a sign of confirmed intoxication, but may be the first sign, especially in children.
Rarely, possibility of digestive ulcerations with hemorrhage and occlusive syndrome have been described.
Exceptionally have been described, allergic manifestations.