Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
active ingredients: Aminophylline
Injection solution for IV infusion
Box of 100 ampoules bottles of 10 ml
- Treatment of status asthmaticus (severe acute asthma), only in the case of insufficient control of symptoms by the administration of a continuous or nebulized mimetic beta2 or intravenous beta2 possibly associated with an inhaled anticholinergic.
- Note: Nebulized or intravenous beta2 mimetics , possibly associated with inhaled anticholinergic therapy, exert a stronger bronchodilator effect and remain the first-line treatment of severe acute asthma.
Severe acute asthma requires hospitalization in the intensive care unit.
Dosage AMINOPHYLLINE RENAUDIN 250 mg / 10 mL Solution for injection for infusion IV Box of 100 ampoules bottles of 10 ml
INJECTABLE PATH EXCLUSIVELY BY INTRAVENOUS INFUSION.
The dosage will be adapted to the individual susceptibility according to the therapeutic effect and the undesirable effects.
- In children:
the recommended dosage is 0.7 to 1.2 mg / kg / hour (to be modulated according to age) as a continuous intravenous infusion , after, in the absence of prior treatment with theophylline, a loading dose of 7 mg / kg in slow infusion of 20 to 30 minutes.
- In adults:
the recommended average dosage is 0.6 mg / kg / hour as a continuous intravenous infusion, after, in the absence of prior treatment with theophylline, a loading dose of 5 mg / kg in a 30-minute slow infusion.
For indicative purposes, for a 50 kg adult subject who has not been previously treated with theophylline: a 250 mg intravenous infusion ampoule of 30 minutes, followed by a continuous intravenous infusion at the rate of one ampoule every 8 hours.
- Administration should only be considered in a specialized environment (intensive care unit). In adults and children, plasma levels of theophylline should be checked after initiation of intravenous therapy. Plasma levels effective on bronchodilatation are between 5 and 15 μg / ml. The undesirable effects can appear from a plasma level of 15 μg / ml. It should not exceed 20 μg / ml because of the major risk of serious toxic side effects.
- In case of obesity, the dosage will be adapted to the ideal weight.
- The dosage should be reduced in cases of hepatic or cardiac insufficiency, and in the elderly.
- intolerance to aminophylline or its derivatives,
- myocardial infarction in the acute phase,
- acute intermittent porphyria,
- combination with drugs containing enoxacin, troleandomycin (see interactions).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Breastfeeding: Theophylline passes into breast milk, which may cause hyperexcitability in the newborn. Therefore, breastfeeding is not recommended during treatment with theophylline.
- combination not recommended with erythromycin, viloxazine-based drugs (see interactions).
Adverse effects Aminophylline Renaudin
- They are variable from one subject to another, they are essentially:
. malaise, dizziness, hypotension especially in case of rapid intravenous injection,
. nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain,
. headache, excitement, insomnia,
These side effects may be the first signs of an overdose.
- The appearance of convulsions is a sign of confirmed intoxication, but may be the first sign, especially in children.
- Rarely possibility of digestive ulcerations with hemorrhage and occlusive syndrome have been described.
- Exceptionally have been described, allergic manifestations.