Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
active ingredients: Prazosine
laboratory: Pfizer Holding France
Osmotic extended release tablet
Box of 30
Dosage ALPRESS LP 5 mg Osmotic extended release tablet Box of 30
One catch a day.
The average effective dose is 5 mg / day.
Start treatment with 2.5 mg / day.
This dosage may be sufficient for some patients (particularly the elderly), it may be increased up to 5 mg / day and in some cases to 10 mg / day.
Do not exceed 20 mg / day.
Pediatric population: In the absence of efficacy and safety data, the use of prazosin is not recommended in children and adolescents.
Important: the tablets will be swallowed whole. They are not broken, crushed or chewed.
Prazosin is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to quinazolines.
Alpress LP side effects
The following side effects may occur and should be carefully monitored:
- General disorders and administration site conditions: asthenia, malaise, sweats
- Cardiac disorders: orthostatic hypotension, exceptionally accompanied by loss of consciousness, angina pectoris, hypotension, syncope, bradycardia, tachycardia, edema of the lower limbs, redness of the face
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders: allergic reactions, skin rash such as pruritus, urticaria
- Nervous system disorders: dizziness, headache, tinnitus, somnolence, insomnia, visual disturbances, paresthesia, worsening of pre-existing narcolepsy (Gelin disease) associated with prazosin treatment has been described in the literature
- Gastrointestinal disorders: nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, epigastralgia, dry mouth
- disorders of the ENT and ophthalmic sphere: nasal or ocular congestion, epistaxis
- Renal and urinary disorders: priapism, pollakiuria, urinary incontinence
- Disorders of the reproductive organs and the breast: impotence, gynecomastia
- Musculoskeletal and systemic disorders: arthralgia
- Investigations: positive reaction to antinuclear antibodies