Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Minoxidil
laboratory: Pfizer Holding France
Solution for cutaneous application
Case of 1 Bottle with sprayer or applicator pad of 60 ml
Androgenetic alopecia of moderate intensity in humans.
Note: This drug is not recommended in women because of its low efficacy and the high frequency of hypertrichosis (37% of cases) away from the application sites.
Dosage ALOSTIL 5% Solution for cutaneous application Case of 1 bottle with sprayer or applicator pad of 60 ml
- Apply 2 times daily a dose of 1 ml on the scalp taking as a starting point the center of the area to be treated. This dose must be respected regardless of the extent of the area concerned.
- The total daily dose should not exceed 2 ml.
- The method of application varies according to the delivery system used with the bottle (see instructions for use).
- After applying the solution, wash your hands thoroughly.
- Do not apply the product to another part of the body.
- Apply only when hair and scalp are perfectly dry.
- A treatment lasting 2 months at a rate of 2 applications per day may be necessary before the stimulation of hair growth is demonstrated. The beginning and the degree of the answer vary according to the subjects. According to some observations, a return to the initial state would appear in 3 or 4 months in case of discontinuation of treatment.
- Known hypersensitivity to minoxidil, propylene glycol or ethanol.
- Pathological scalp.
- poor tolerance to the form at 2% whatever the symptomatology.
- Efficacy and safety in subjects under 18 years of age and over 65 years of age have not been studied.
- The risk of distant hypertrichosis justifies not to use this specialty in women.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Pregnancy: In animals, studies on minoxidil have not shown any teratogenic effect; in the absence of data in pregnant women, avoid prescribing during pregnancy.
- Breast-feeding: administered by the general route, minoxidil passes into breast milk. As a result, the drug should be avoided during breastfeeding.
Alostil side effects
- The most common side effects experienced during clinical trials are minor skin reactions. The most commonly reported effect was local irritation with, in particular, desquamations, erythema, dermatitis, dry skin, hypertrichosis (distance), burning sensation and pruritus.
- More rarely other reactions have been described, allergy type (sensitivity, rhinitis, rash, generalized erythema, edema of the face), vertigo, tingling, headache, weakness, neuritis, edema, taste alteration, ear infection (especially otitis externa), blurred vision, eye irritation. Rare cases of hypotension have also been reported.
Finally, there have been reported some cases of alopecia, irregular hair, chest pain, hepatitis, renal lithiasis.
- It should be noted, however, that these medical events, particularly those that have been most rarely reported, have been without formal accountability for treatment.
- Due to the presence of propylene glycol, risk of contact eczema.
- Because of the presence of ethanol, frequent applications on the skin can cause irritation and dryness of the skin.