Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Minoxidil
laboratory: Pierre Fabre Dermatology
Solution for cutaneous application
Box of 1 Bottle (PET) (+ pipette + dosing pump with appl.) Of 60 ml
This medicine is indicated in case of moderate hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) of the adult, male or female. It promotes hair growth and stabilizes the phenomenon of falling.
Dosage ALOPEXY 2% Solution for cutaneous application Box of 1 Bottle (PET) (+ pipette + dosing pump with appl.) Of 60 ml
RESERVED FOR THE ADULT.
- Apply 2 times daily a dose of 1 ml on the scalp taking as a starting point the center of the area to be treated.
The daily dose should not exceed 2 ml.
Spread the product with the fingertips to cover the entire area to be treated.
Before and after application of the solution, wash hands thoroughly.
Apply on hair and scalp perfectly dry.
- Using the pipette:
A pipette can accurately collect 1 ml of solution to be distributed over the entire area to be treated.
- Use of the pump with applicator:
Remove the bottle cap and unscrew the closing cap.
Adapt by screwing the dosing pump to the bottle.
For the application: direct the pump towards the center of the area to be treated, press once and spread the product with the fingertips to cover the entire area to be treated.
Repeat the procedure 6 times to apply a dose of 1 ml.
Hypersensitivity to minoxidil or any of the other ingredients of the solution.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Sun exposure is not recommended when applying minoxidil.
- Efficacy and safety in subjects under 18 years of age and over 65 years of age have not been studied.
- Breast-feeding: administered by the general route, minoxidil passes into breast milk; therefore the drug should be avoided in breastfeeding women.
Alopexy side effects
- Most often minor skin reactions: local irritation with, in particular, desquamations, erythema, dermatitis, dry skin, hypertrichosis (at a distance), burning sensation and pruritus (especially due to the presence of alcohol).
- More rarely: allergy (sensitivity, rhinitis, rash, generalized erythema, edema of the face), dizziness, tingling, headache, weakness, neuritis, edema, taste alteration; ear infection (especially otitis externa), blurred vision, eye irritation.
- Finally, it has been possible to report some cases of alopecia, irregular hair, chest pain, changes in blood pressure and pulse.
- Liver abnormalities may occur.
- Due to the presence of propylene glycol, risk of contact eczema.
It should be noted, however, that these medical events, particularly those that have been reported most rarely, have not been able to establish formal accountability for treatment.