Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Allergology
Active ingredients: Carbinoxamine
Box of 40
Symptomatic treatment of various allergic manifestations:
- rhinitis (seasonal or perennial),
Dosage ALLERGEFON 2 mg Tablet Box of 40
Reserved for adults and children over 6 years old .
- Adult: 3 to 6 tablets a day, to be distributed during the day.
- Children over 6 years old: 2 to 3 tablets a day, to be distributed during the day
Overnight intake should be favored because of the sedative effect of carbinoxamine.
- Hypersensitivity to antihistamines.
- Risk of glaucoma by closing the angle.
- Risk of urinary retention related to urethroprostatic disorders.
- Child under 6 years of age, due to the risk of misdirection due to the compressed form.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Breast-feeding: In the absence of data on the passage into breast milk, taking this drug is not recommended during breastfeeding.
- Taking alcoholic drinks and drugs containing alcohol is strongly discouraged during the course of treatment.
Allergefon side effects
The pharmacological characteristics of the molecule are at the origin of adverse effects of unequal intensity, linked or not to the dose (see pharmacodynamic properties):
- Neurovegetative effects:
. increased sedation or drowsiness at the beginning of treatment
. anticholinergic effects such as dryness of the mucous membranes, constipation, accommodation disorders, mydriasis, heart palpitations, risk of urinary retention, drying up of the milk secretion.
. orthostatic hypotension ;
. balance disorders, dizziness, decreased memory or concentration, more common in the elderly;
. motor incoordination, tremors;
. mental confusion, hallucinations;
. more rarely, but especially in the infant, effects with type of excitation: agitation, nervousness, insomnia, syndrome of weaning at the birth.
- Awareness Reactions:
. erythema, eczema, purpura, possibly giant urticaria;
. edema, more rarely angioedema;
. anaphylactic shock.
- Hematological effects:
. leukopenia, neutropenia;
. hemolytic anemia.