Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol, Povidone (E1201), Caffeine
Case of 16
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage ALGODOL CAFEINE 500 mg / 50 mg Tablet Case of 16
The tablets are swallowed as is, with a large glass of water.
RESERVED FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN over 50 kg (from 15 years old) due to the presence of caffeine.
The usual dosage is: 1 tablet, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours minimum.
In case of pain or fever more intense, 2 tablets, to renew if necessary after 4 hours minimum.
It is generally not necessary to exceed 3 g of paracetamol and 300 mg of caffeine per day, or 6 tablets per day.
However, in case of more severe pain, the maximum dosage can be increased up to 4 grams per day or 8 tablets per day.
Always respect an interval of 4 hours between catches.
Maximum recommended doses: see section Warnings and precautions for use .
Frequency of administration
Systematic catches prevent pain and / or fever oscillations.
In adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
Due to the presence of caffeine, avoid taking anytime at the end of the day.
In cases of severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses should be increased to at least 8 hours. The dose of paracetamol should not exceed 3 g per day, or 6 tablets.
Duration of the treatment
The duration of treatment is limited to 3 days in case of fever and 5 days in case of pain.
The lowest effective daily dose should be considered, not to exceed 60 mg / kg / day (not to exceed 3 g / day) in the following situations:
· Adults under 50 kg,
· Mild to moderate hepatocellular insufficiency,
· Chronic alcoholism,
· Chronic malnutrition,
This medicine is contraindicated in case of:
Hypersensitivity to paracetamol, caffeine or other components,
· Hepatocellular insufficiency,
· Child under 15 years of age (caffeine related)
Side effects Algodol Cafeine
· A few rare cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.
· Possibility of excitations, insomnia and palpitations.