Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol, Codeine
Box of 16
Symptomatic treatment of pain of moderate to intense intensity or not responding to the use of peripheral analgesics used alone.
Dosage ALGICALM 400 mg / 25 mg Tablet Box of 16
RESERVED FOR ADULTS
1 tablet, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, or possibly 2 tablets in case of severe pain, without exceeding 6 tablets per day.
The maximum daily dosage is 3 g of paracetamol and 120 mg of codeine.
The catches must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours.
· In addition to a punctual dose, this medicine is contraindicated during breastfeeding (see section Pregnancy and breastfeeding ).
· Child under 15 years old.
· Related to paracetamol:
o allergy to paracetamol,
o hepatocellular insufficiency.
· Linked to codeine:
o respiratory insufficiency,
o allergy to codeine.
· Association with morphine agonists-antagonists (buprenorphine, nalbuphine, pentazocine).
Algicalm side effects
Linked to codeine :
· At therapeutic doses the side effects of codeine are comparable to those of other opiates, but they are more rare and moderate.
o constipation, nausea, vomiting
o drowsiness, dizzy states
o allergic skin reactions
o bronchospasm, respiratory depression (see section 4.3 )
· There is a risk of dependency and. withdrawal syndrome, which can be observed in the user and in the newborn of a mother poisoned with codeine.
Related to paracetamol :
· A few rare cases of allergic accidents are manifested by simple cutaneous rashes with erythema or urticaria and require the cessation of treatment.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia have been reported.