Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
active ingredients: Spironolactone, Furosemide
laboratory: Pfizer Holding France
Box of 30
Congestive heart failure.
Dosage ALDALIX 50 mg / 20 mg Capsule Box of 30
1 to 2 capsules a day after the morning meal.
- This medicine MUST NEVER BE USED in case of:
. hypersensitivity to spironolactone and sulfonamides;
. severe or acute renal failure;
. hepatic encephalopathy;
. hypovolemia or dehydration;
. combinations with other potassium diuretics, with potassium salts (see section interactions).
- Due to the presence of lactose, this drug is contraindicated in case of congenital galactosemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This drug is generally not recommended in cirrhotic patients, when the serum is less than 125 mmol / L and in subjects who may have acidosis.
- Pregnancy: The administration of this product is not recommended during pregnancy. Diuretics may cause fetal-placental ischemia with a risk of fetal hypotrophy.
- Breast-feeding: Breast-feeding is not recommended because of excretion into breast milk.
- Associations discouraged : ciclosporin, tacrolimus; Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (unless there is hypokalemia) except for spironolactone at doses of 12.5 mg to 50 mg / day in the treatment of heart failure; angiotensin II receptor antagonists (unless there is hypokalemia); lithium.
Aldalix side effects
- Related to spironolactone :
. Gynecomastia may occur when using spironolactone; its development seems to be related to the dosage used and the duration of the therapy; it is usually reversible upon discontinuation of spironolactone but may persist in rare cases.
. Other side effects are rare and usually reversible when spironolactone is stopped: impotence in men, menstrual bleeding, digestive intolerances, rashes, somnolence, cramps of the lower limbs.
- Related to furosemide :
. Hydro-electrolytic disturbances can be observed: dehydration, hyperazotemia, hyponatremia, hypokalemia, hypovolemia, orthostatic hypotension. These disorders justify stopping treatment or reducing the dosage.
. In case of hepatocellular insufficiency, possibility of occurrence of hepatic encephalopathy (see contraindications).
. Few cases of skin reactions, sometimes bullous, lumbar pain, leukopenia and thrombocytopenia have been reported.
. Gastrointestinal disorders : anorexia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or bloating, constipation and diarrhea. Manifestations related to diuresis (exceptional): dry mouth and thirst, paresthesia, vertigo, general weakness, fatigability, muscle cramps and orthostatic hypotension. An increase in serum uric acid may occur during treatment and exceptionally favor gout.