Generic Drug Therapeutic Class: Neurology-Psychiatry
active ingredients: Biperidene
laboratory: Desma Pharma Sarl
Sustained release coated tablet
Box of 30
- Parkinson disease.
Parkinsonian syndromes induced by neuroleptics.
Dosage AKINETON LP 4 mg Extended release coated tablet Box of 30
RESERVED FOR THE ADULT.
1 to 2 tablets daily in single morning intake.
- Particular sensitivity to anticholinergics.
- Risk of glaucoma by closing the angle.
- Risk of urinary retention related to urethroprostatic disorders.
- Decompensated heart disease.
- Child under 15 years old.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Pregnancy: animal data are insufficient to conclude. During the first trimester of pregnancy, the clinical data for biperiden, to date, although limited, do not go in the direction of an increase in malformation risk. In the newborn, treatment with biperiden in late pregnancy may be responsible for effects related to its atropine properties (tachycardia, hyperexcitability, urinary retention, delay in the emission of meconium). Given these data, it is best to avoid using biperidene during pregnancy, whatever the term.
- Breast-feeding: This drug is not recommended for women who are breastfeeding, because of a decrease in milk secretion and the risk of anticholinergic effects in infants (tachycardia, constipation, thickening of bronchial secretions).
Akineton LP side effects
Atropine: dry mouth, decreased tear secretion, accommodation difficulties, risk of acute angle-closure glaucoma, ocular hypertension, urinary disturbances, urinary retention, constipation, hallucinations, drowsiness, confusion or excitement in the elderly subject.
These disorders give way after a dose reduction.