Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gynecology
active ingredients: Veralipride
laboratory: Sanofi-Aventis France
Box of 20
Treatment of debilitating flushing associated with psychofunctional manifestations of confirmed menopause.
Dosage AGREAL 100 mg Capsule Box of 20
- Reserved for adults .
- The dosage is 100 mg, one capsule per day, per 20 days cure, per month.
- The duration of treatment is limited to 3 months .
Reserved for adults .
- This medicine is CONTRAINDICATED in the following cases:
. hypersensitivity to vetralide or any of the other ingredients of the product;
. known or suspected prolactin dependent tumor, eg pituitary prolactin adenoma;
. pheochromocytoma, known or suspected;
. Parkinson disease.
. in combination with dopaminergic agonists (amantadine, apomorphine, bromocriptine, cabergoline, entacapone, lisuride, pergolide, piribedil, pramipexole, quinagolide, ropinirole) (see section on interactions);
. in combination with antipsychotic neuroleptics and anti-emetic neuroleptics (see section on interactions).
- Due to the presence of lactose the drug should not be used in case of congenital galactosemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- In the absence of data, this drug is not recommended in case of renal insufficiency.
- Avoid taking alcoholic drinks and drugs containing alcohol.
Agreal side effects
- early dyskinesias (spasmodic torticollis, oculogyric crises, trismus);
- extrapyramidal syndrome:
. akinetic with or without hypertonia, and partially yielding to antiparkinsonian anticholinergics,
. hyperkineto-hypertonic, excito-motor,
- very rare tardive dyskinesias reported especially during prolonged cures;
- sedation or drowsiness;
- very rare withdrawal syndromes with or without anxiety, depressive syndrome with or without anxiety, even isolated anxiety, especially between 2 courses or when treatment is stopped.
ENDOCRINE AND METABOLIC DISORDERS:
- reversible hyperprolactinemia upon discontinuation of treatment;
- weight gain.