Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
active ingredients: Senna, Ispaghul, Ispaghul
Box of 100 g
Short-term treatment of occasional constipation.
Dosage AGIOLAX Granulated Box of 100 g
Oral way. RESERVED FOR THE ADULT.
1 to 2 spoonfuls a day, ie 15 to 30 mg of sennosides, preferably at the end of the evening meal.
- The treatment must be short-lived (8 to 10 days maximum).
- Put the dry granule in the mouth and swallow it without chewing with a large glass of liquid:
. a hot drink at the end of the evening meal;
. a cold drink in the morning on an empty stomach;
. a highly gaseous drink in subjects with dental prostheses to prevent adhesion of the granule thereto.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
- inflammatory organic colopathies (ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease ...),
- occlusive or subocclusive syndrome,
- abdominal pain syndromes of undetermined cause,
- states of severe dehydration with electrolytic depletion,
- children under 10 years old.
Due to the presence of sucrose, this drug is contraindicated in case of congenital galactosemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This medicine is generally not recommended:
- in children aged 10 to 15,
- in combination with drugs giving torsades de pointes (amiodarone, astemizole, bepridil, bretylium, disopyramide, erythromycin IV, halofantrine, pentamidine, quinidine, sparfloxacin, sotalol, sultopride, terfenadine, vincamine) (see chapter interactions).
Adverse effects Agiolax
- Possibility of diarrhea, abdominal pain s especially in subjects with irritable bowel syndrome.
- Possibility of intestinal meteorism.
- Possibility of hypokalemia.
- Sometimes, abnormal staining of urine without clinical significance.