Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Rheumatology
active ingredients: Ibuprofen
laboratory: Pfizer Sante Familiale
60 g tube
- Symptomatic treatment in benign traumatology: sprains, bruises. - Symptomatic treatment of superficial tendinitis.
Posology ADVIL 5% Gel Tube 60 g
Reserved for adults (over 15 years).
Administration mode :
Apply the gel by a gentle and prolonged massage, on the painful or inflammatory area.
Wash your hands thoroughly after each use.
1 application, 3 times a day.
- This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
. history of allergy to ibuprofen and other substances of similar activity such as other NSAIDs, aspirin,
. history of allergy to any of the excipients,
. damaged skin, whatever the lesion: oozing dermatitis, eczema, infected lesion, burn or wound,
. from the 6th month of pregnancy: during the third trimester, all prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors may expose: the fetus to cardiopulmonary toxicity (pulmonary arterial hypertension with premature closure of the ductus arteriosus), renal dysfunction up to at a renal failure with oligoamnios, the mother and the child, at the end of pregnancy, to a possible prolongation of the bleeding time. The prescription of NSAID is contraindicated from the 6th month.
- Do not apply on the mucous membranes or on the eyes.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Breast-feeding: NSAIDs pass into breast milk as a precautionary measure and should not be administered to women who are breastfeeding.
Advil side effects
- Adverse reactions related to the route of administration: local cutaneous reactions of hypersensitivity of the pruritus or localized erythema type.
- Hypersensitivity reactions:
. respiratory: the onset of asthma attack may be related in some subjects to an allergy to aspirin or NSAID (see contraindications),
. general: anaphylactic reactions.
- Other systemic effects of NSAIDs: they depend on the transdermal passage of the active ingredient and therefore on the amount of gel applied, the surface treated, the degree of cutaneous integrity, the duration of treatment and the use or not of an occlusive dressing (digestive, renal effects).