Generic drug of Avlocardyl
Therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
active ingredients: Propranolol
laboratory: EG Labo
Box of 50
- Prophylaxis of stress angina attacks.
- Long-term treatment after myocardial infarction.
- Reduction or prevention of sympathetic-dependent rhythm disorders: sinus or junctional tachycardias, tachycardias of atrial fibrillations and flutters, certain tachycardias of ventricular origin.
- Cardiovascular manifestations of hyperthyroidism and intolerance to replacement therapy for hypothyroidism.
Functional signs of obstructive cardiomyopathy.
- Background treatment of migraine and facial pain.
- Tremors especially essential.
Dosage ADREXAN Ge 40 mg Tablet Box of 50
- Hypertension, prophylaxis of effort angina attacks, obstructive cardiomyopathy:
4 tablets daily in 2 doses (160 mg) on average.
The treatment can possibly be initiated by 2 tablets.
- Long-term treatment after myocardial infarction:
. Initial treatment : It must be instituted between the 5th and the 21st day after the acute episode of infarction; 1 40 mg tablet 4 times daily for 2 to 3 days.
. Maintenance treatment : 4 tablets daily in 2 doses (160 mg per day).
- Rhythmic disorders and hyperthyroidism: 1 to 2 tablets daily in several doses.
- Migraines, facial pain, trembling: 1 to 3 tablets a day.
- Hypersensitivity to propranolol.
- Asthma and chronic obstructive bronchopneumopathies.
- Heart failure not controlled by treatment.
- Cardiogenic shock.
- Atrioventricular blocks of the 2nd and 3rd degrees not paired.
- Angor of Prinzmetal.
- Sinus disease (including sinoatrial block).
- Bradycardia (<45-50 beats per minute).
- Phenomenon of Raynaud and peripheral arterial disorders.
- Untreated pheochromocytoma.
- Antecedent of anaphylactic reaction.
- Association with floctafenine, sultopride (see interactions).
- In the context of primary and secondary prevention of digestive hemorrhages in cirrhotic patients: advanced hepatic insufficiency with hyperbilirubinemia, massive ascites, hepatic encephalopathy.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This drug is generally not recommended when combined with amiodarone (see interactions).
- Breast-feeding: Beta-blockers are excreted in the milk. The risk of developing hypoglycaemia and bradycardia has not been evaluated; therefore, and as a precautionary measure, it should be avoided in women who are breastfeeding.
ADREXAN side effects
Most remembered :
- cooling of the ends,
- bradycardia, severe if any,
- digestive disorders (gastralgia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea),
- insomnia, nightmares.
Much less often :
- slowing of atrioventricular conduction or intensification of an existing atrioventricular block,
- heart failure,
- blood pressure drop,
- Raynaud's syndrome,
- aggravation of an existing intermittent claudication,
- various skin manifestations including psoriasiform eruptions.
In rare cases, it has been possible to observe the appearance of antinuclear antibodies which only exceptionally accompany clinical manifestations such as lupus syndrome and cede at the end of treatment.