Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Nefopam
Box of 20 ampoules of 2 ml
Symptomatic treatment of acute pain conditions, including postoperative pain.
Dosage ACUPAN 20 mg / 2 mL Solution for injection Box of 20 ampoules of 2 ml
As with all analgesic medications, the dosage should be appropriate to the intensity of the pain and the clinical response of each patient.
- IM Path: Acupan must be administered in deep IM. The usual recommended dose is 20 mg per injection. If necessary, it can be repeated every 6 hours without exceeding a total dose of 120 mg / 24 hours.
- Route IV: Acupan should be administered as a slow IV infusion over more than 15 minutes, with the patient in supine position, to avoid the occurrence of side effects (nausea, dizziness, sweating). The usual single dose recommended is 20 mg per injection, repeated every 4 hours, if necessary, without exceeding a total dose of 120 mg / 24 hours.
Administration mode :
Acupan can be administered in the usual solutions for infusion (isotonic solution of sodium chloride or glucose). It is recommended to avoid mixing in the same Acupan syringe and other injectable specialties.
- Hypersensitivity to nefopam or any of the constituents of Acupan,
- Child under 15, in the absence of clinical study.
- Convulsions or a history of convulsive disorders.
- Risks of urinary retention related to urethroprostatic disorders.
- Risk of glaucoma by closing the angle.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Because of these anticholinergic effects, treatment with Acupan is not recommended for the elderly.
- Pregnancy and lactation: in the absence of animal studies and human clinical data, the risk is not known; therefore, as a precautionary measure, do not prescribe during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Acupan side effects
The undesirable effects that have been reported are classified below by organ system and frequency as defined below: very common (> 1/10), frequent (> 1/100, 1/1000, 1/10000, < 1/1000).
Rare : excitability *, irritability *, hallucination, abuse, drug dependence.
- Central nervous system :
. Very common : drowsiness.
. Frequent : vertigo *.
. Rare : convulsion *.
Frequent : tachycardia *, palpitation *.
. Very common : nausea with or without vomiting.
. Frequent : dry mouth *
Frequent : urinary retention.
. Very common : hyperhidrosis *.
. Rare : discomfort.
- Immune system :
Rare : hypersensitivity reaction (urticaria, angioedema, anaphylactic shock).
* Although never reported, other atropine effects than those described are likely to be observed.