Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
Active ingredients: Dextromethorphan
Bottle of 125 ml
Short-term treatment of dry coughs and irritation coughs in adults (from the age of 15).
Dosage ACTIVOX Dry cough Adult 15 mg / 5 ml Syrup 125 ml bottle
RESERVED FOR ADULTS (from 15 years old).
A 5 ml measuring spoon contains 15 mg of dextromethorphan hydrobromide.
- In adults, the unit dose of dextromethorphan hydrobromide is 15 to 30 mg, the maximum daily dose is 120 mg.
. Take 1 scoop of 5 ml or 2 scoops of 5 ml maximum per dose.
. If necessary, renew the plug after 4 hours.
. In no case exceed 8 scoops of 5 ml per day.
- In the elderly or in case of hepatic insufficiency, the initial dosage will be halved compared to the recommended dosage, and may possibly be increased according to the tolerance and needs.
- The duration of the treatment must be short (limited to 5 days).
- Treatment should be limited to the time of coughing, without exceeding the recommended doses.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
- allergy to one of the constituents,
- respiratory failure,
- cough of the asthmatic,
- Breastfeeding: Dextromethorphan passes into breast milk Some cases of hypotonia and respiratory pauses have been described in infants, after ingestion by mothers of other central antitussives at supratherapeutic doses. As a result, taking this medication is contraindicated during breastfeeding.
- combination with MAOI antidepressants [non-selective; selective (moclobemide, toloxatone)].
Due to the presence of fructose, this drug is contraindicated in cases of fructose intolerance.
Due to the presence of glucose, this drug is contraindicated in case of glucose and galactose malabsorption syndrome.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This medicine contains 0.1 g of alcohol per measuring spoon of 5 ml. It is not recommended for patients with liver disease, alcoholism or epilepsy.
- Pregnancy: given the presence of alcohol, the use of this drug during pregnancy should be avoided.
- Taking alcoholic beverages and drugs containing alcohol (see interactions) during treatment is not recommended.
Adverse effects Activox Adult Dry Cough
- Dizziness, drowsiness.
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation.
- Allergic reactions, especially due to the presence of tartrazine: pruriginous rash type, urticaria, angioedema, exceptionally, bronchospasm.