Generic drug of Zovirax
Therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Aciclovir
laboratory: Arrow Generic
Box of 35
Prevention of ocular complications of ophthalmic zoster, in early administration.
Dosage ACICLOVIR ARROW 800 mg Tablet Box of 35
- 5 tablets a day spread throughout the day for 7 days.
Aciclovir should be given within 48 hours of the onset of symptoms.
In case of severe immunosuppression, the intravenous form may be preferable.
- In patients with renal insufficiency, the dosage will be adjusted according to the clearance of creatinine and may be:
Clearance of creatinine: Dosage.
. > 50 ml / min: 4 tablets / day.
. 25 to 50 ml / min: Do not exceed 3 tablets / day.
. 10 to 25 ml / min: Do not exceed 2 tablets / day.
. <10 ml / min: 1 tablet / day. In case of hemodialysis the daily dose will be administered after the session.
- History of hypersensitivity to aciclovir, or any of the other constituents of the tablet.
- Do not give to the child before 6 years, because of the risk of false route.
- Breast-feeding: In the case of a serious condition requiring general maternal treatment, breast-feeding should be avoided. In other cases, if possible, prefer the use of local treatment for which breastfeeding is possible.
Adverse effects Aciclovir Arrow
- Some benign rashes regressing at discontinuation of treatment have been described.
- The following events have sometimes been reported: digestive disorders, increased plasma concentrations of bilirubin or transaminases, discreet increase in uremia, headache, fatigue. These disorders have been mild and have always decreased, sometimes even despite continued treatment.
- In patients with renal impairment, neurological disorders have been reported requiring discontinuation of treatment (see overdose: alterations in consciousness ranging from mental confusion to coma hallucinations).