Generic drug of Glucor
Therapeutic class: Metabolism and nutrition
active ingredients: Acarbose
Box of 90
Treatment of noninsulin-dependent diabetes, in addition to diet, as monotherapy as in combination with other antidiabetic therapies.
Dosage ACARBOSE BIOGARAN 50 mg Tablet Box of 90
The recommended starting dose is 1 tablet at 50 mg 3 times daily.
Depending on the effect observed on the glycemic parameters, the dosage may be increased to 100 mg 3 times daily (use ACARBOSE BIOGARAN 100 mg, scored tablet).
In some rare cases, the dose may be increased up to 200 mg, 3 times daily.
Acarbose tablets should be swallowed with a little water at the beginning of meals or chewed with the first bites.
· Hypersensitivity to acarbose or any of the constituents.
· In the absence of data in children, this drug should not be administered to children under 15 years of age.
· Digestive system: because of its possible digestive side effects, acarbose should not be prescribed in case of:
o chronic diseases associating disorders of digestion and absorption,
o inflammatory bowel diseases,
o major intestinal hernia,
o history of sub-occlusive syndromes.
· Severe renal impairment: In the absence of data in patients with severe renal impairment, acarbose should not be used in patients with creatinine clearance <25 ml / min / 1.73 m 2 .
Adverse effects Acarbose Biogaran
Gastrointestinal symptoms: flatulence, meteorism, dyspepsia, diarrhea, nausea and abdominal pain.
These symptoms depend on the dosage and diet. These effects usually decrease during treatment. They also decrease when the prescribed low carbohydrate diet is respected. If symptoms persist, the dosage should be temporarily or permanently reduced.
Hepatic reactions: Transient increase in liver enzymes, jaundice (see Warnings and Precautions for Use section );
Adverse effects from pharmacovigilance reports (frequency unknown):
· Gastrointestinal disorders: Occlusions, subocclusions, intestinal cystic pneumatosis (see Warnings and Precautions for Use section ).
· Hepatobiliary disorders: potentially serious hepatitis.
· Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders: skin reactions (rash, erythema, exanthema, urticaria).