Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Rheumatology
Active ingredients: Tiopronine
laboratory: Sanofi-Aventis France
Bottle of 120
· Background treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
· Treatment of cystine lithiasis.
Dosage ACADIONE 250 mg Compressed tablet Bottle of 120
· Background therapy for rheumatoid arthritis: 1 g daily, in 2 or 3 doses.
The minimum effective dose should be sought; however the dosage can reach 1.5 g per day after 2 or 3 months, if the therapeutic effect is insufficient.
· Cystinic lithiasis: progressive dosage from 0.5 to 2 g per day.
This medicine is CONTRAINDICATED in the following cases:
Hypersensitivity to tiopronin or any of the other ingredients,
· Significant hematological alterations, in particular leucopenia and / or thrombocytopenia,
· Lupus erythematosus,
· Severe dermatoses,
· A history of severe accidents (aplastic anemia, pemphigus, myasthenia) with thiol derivatives (D-penicillamine and pyritinol).
Acadione side effects
Mucocutaneous: rash, lichen, alopecia, gingivitis, pruritus, aphtoid lesion.
Very rare cases of toxidermia and one case of pemphigus have been reported requiring discontinuation of treatment.
Ageusia: usually does not require stopping treatment.
Gastrointestinal: nausea, diarrhea.
Renal: cases of proteinuria have been reported. They can sometimes progress to a nephrotic syndrome. It is then essentially extramembranous glomerulonephritis (GEM) or glomerulopathy with minimal glomerular lesions (LGM) whose evolution is generally favorable after stopping treatment (see Warnings and precautions for use ).
Pulmonary manifestations: Cases of interstitial lung disease and bronchiolitis obliterans have been reported rarely. They are similar to the pulmonary complications of rheumatoid arthritis and may regress when the drug is stopped.
Hematologic: they are rare but require regular monitoring of the blood count / count (see section Warnings and precautions for use ).
· Most often moderate and likely to regress to dose reduction (under close surveillance);
· Sometimes major or persistent, requiring discontinuation of treatment.
Leukopenia / agranulocytosis requiring cessation of treatment.
Hepatic transaminases or cases of hepatitis have been reported.
Dysimmunitaires : myasthenia, polymyositis, pemphigus: requiring discontinuation of treatment.
Tiopronine, like all substances with thiol groups, including D-penicillinamine and pyritinol, may cause induced lupus and increases in anti-nuclear factors.
Miscellaneous : episode of fever or general malaise occurring after taking tablets.